Video version below
In today’s episode, we will be chatting with Laura Davis, who is an author of seven books, including The Courage to Heal and I Thought We‘d Never Speak Again. Her groundbreaking books have been translated into 11 languages and sold two million copies. In addition to writing books that inspire and change people’s lives, the work of Laura’s heart is to teach. For more than twenty years, she’s helped people find their voices, tell their stories, and hone their craft. Laura loves creating supportive, intimate writing communities online, in person, and internationally.
In this episode, Laura talks about the book she wrote called The Burning Light of Two Stars, which is about her relationship with her mother. She also shares more about reconciliation with family members who have hurt you, healing from it, and setting boundaries. Let’s dive in!
[00:01 – 09:17] Opening Segment
- Welcome to the podcast!
- Join us on our Facebook Group, see links below
- I introduce our guest for today, Laura Davis
- We talk about her book, The Burning Light of Two Stars
- The book focuses on her relationship with her mother
- I talk about how I related to the book
[09:17 – 29:39] Healing Relationships with Our Parents
- Choosing to care for family members who have betrayed us
- Sharing the truth about the reconciliation
- Steps towards reconciliation
- It’s not always advisable
- Set boundaries
- Agree to disagree
- Re-fixing boundaries
- Sending love and kindness to a person that you don’t want to have relationships with
- Learning about the influences and traumas of her mother
- Protecting yourself and having an open heart
[29:40 – 42:05] Closing Segment
- Who The Burning Light of Two Stars is for
- Anyone who struggled with their relationship with a family member
- Anyone who has trauma and wants to know how healing is like
- Laura reads a portion of a chapter from the book
- Connect with Laura through the links below
- Final Words
“If you have someone who was violent, or incredibly hostile, the best thing you could do actually, is maintain boundaries, have separation, and live your own life, because continued contact with that person is going to be really devastating to you.” -Laura Davis
SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW and share it with other women over 50 who want to redesign their lives to a one that they love.
I would love your thought son my episode with Laura. Leave a comment below or send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org